Saturday, April 26, 2008

Devastated

There is no other word to explain how I feel right now other than devastated. Exhausted would be a close second.
I have tried to stay positive during all the ups and down of the past 8 months of this journey, but the past two days everything has come crashing down. First came THIS article from the AP. Then THIS from the embassy. Both are terrible news about corruption in the VN program. I knew things like this went on, but I guess I never understood how common it could be.
Adoptions in Vietnam will cease on Sept. 1st. Prior to the news we got yesterday, we believed our paperwork would be grandfathered in with all of the others who are logged into VN. We have now learned that will not happen, and all paperwork that is logged in but without a refferal by Sept. 1st will be sent back.
I don't feel like this is the end for us. I NEED to come full circle on this adoption, no matter how long it takes. My heart knows that Jasey will come to us someday, and she will come from Vietnam. I am allowing myself to be sad for the moment, but I have faith that things will work out in the end. Both countries will come together, fix the wrongs, set in place an agreement that will work FOR THE CHILDREN. This may take months, it may take years, but it will happen. And our arms will still be wide open, ready to hold our Jasey James.
All I can do is believe right?

6 comments:

Anna said...

Michelle,

I am so sorry for all of us in this mess. Consider yourself hugged. I admire your strength in knowing Jasey will still come from Vietnam, someday. You have to believe...

Kate said...

Keep being positive. Your little one will be in your arms someday!

Col and Paul said...

My Mitchy and Jason, This will happen & we will continue to believe. Our Jasey will be with us one day, she is just not ready to come into this world yet. I know you feel your heart has been broken as does mine, but we will all get past this. Your day in Vietnam will come, me too, I'll be the one with the camera! I love you both so much. Mom xxxooo

Col and Paul said...

You will obtain your goal if you maintain your course...

I just read through some of your blog.
The saying sounds like it comes from a Quartermaster!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I'm so sorry that we're all caught up in this mess. You are right, we all have to believe our child will come into our arms!

The Pence family said...

Keep believing, dont give up. I'm not, not until I know there is no more hope, and there is always hope. Stay strong, you will get your Jasey someday.

Heather